MNREGA Yojana | How to Apply for MGNREGA Job Card
Hi, friends if you are an Indian citizen you might have heard about the nrega scheme. You may know that the name of the NREGA scheme has changed. Nrega stands for National Rural Employment Guarantee Act. The name of this scheme was changed in the year 2009 and the new name provided to the scheme is Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA).
The initiation of the Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act was done in 2005 and the objective of this act is to provide work to every citizen who wants to work. This act was made for providing the 'right to work'. If you are willing to gain more knowledge about the MANREGA including the purposes of MANREGA, the process of involvement for the MANREGA job card, etc you will have to read the entire article.
What is the Functional Area of MGNREGA?
MANREGA is a scheme launched by the government of India for employment in rural areas. All the citizens of India that are belonging from the ruler areas can enroll in the MANREGA scheme and take benefit of this scheme.
The MANREGA scheme is a scheme that guarantees the work of 100 days and all the employees in the MANREGA will be paid by the government of India. MANREGA is very helpful for the development of the ruler areas and the local citizens of the ruler areas work in the MANREGA to fix the various problems of their locality. Some of the common work in the MANREGA are listed below.
Fixing or making of Wells, ponds, roads, canals, etc.
Making of suitable places for planting trees.
Making small dams in the small rivers.
Key Objectives of MGNREGA
MGNREGA is one of the best schemes launched by the Indian government for the development of rural areas. This scheme is having a lot of objectives for the development of the ruler areas and this Scheme is playing a very important role in the development of the country. Some of the key objectives of the MANREGA are defined below -
• the MANREGA scheme is a scheme that is created for generating employment in rural areas and the volunteer in the scheme will be able to get employment for hundred days. Most of the unskilled labor can also be a volunteer in this scheme.
• one of the main key objectives of the MANREGA scheme is to make the livelihood strong of the rural poor. This can be e a source of income for the poor in the rural area.
• another main objective of the MANREGA scheme is the creation of few necessary assets in the ruler areas, the MANREGA scheme is very helpful for the creation of wells, ponds, roads, and canals in the rural areas.
• migration is one of the most common problems in rural areas most of the people in the rural areas do not like to stay there. MGNREGA scheme has an objective of providing the best facilities and schemes in the urban area and it is assumed that migration will be reduced by this scheme.
• the MANREGA scheme also offers employment to unskilled labor and the object behind this is to create a good rural infrastructure by using unskilled labor.
Eligibility for NREGA Scheme
If you are going to apply for the NREGA scheme or you want to be a part of the NREGA scheme there are some eligibility criteria that you will have to follow. You will be able to work under the Narega if you are an eligible citizen. Some of the eligibility criteria for taking the benefits of the NREGA scheme are -
• the citizen who wants to take the benefits of the NREGA scheme should be Indian citizens.
• the citizen who is going to apply for the NREGA scheme should be more than 18 years old.
• The applicant who is going to apply for the NREGA scheme should have made the document from the nearest Gram Panchayat.
• the applicant should be ready to work as unskilled labor.
The eligibility criteria for the NREGA scheme are not having a lot of complicated things. Most of the applicant who is living in rural areas can easily apply for the NREGA scheme.
If you are living in rural areas you might have heard about the Negra job card which is also often called a job card. The question that arises is what is the Nrega job card? If you don't know what the Negra job card is let me tell you that it is a document provided to those who had applied for taking the benefits of the NREGA scheme.
This card is provided for identifying the applicant who is eligible for the NREGA scheme. The Negra job card is a card having all the necessary details of the applicant who is eligible for working on the Negra schemes. Sometimes the Narega job card can also be used as a verifying document to complete the process of KYC in the banks of the post office.
How to Apply for MGNREGA Job Card
If you are an eligible applicant for the NREGA scheme you should apply for the MANREGA job card. The process of applying for the MANREGA job card is easy and this process can be followed easily by everyone who wants to apply for them on the Nrega job card. Before applying for the job card you should have some documents. The list of required documents for applying for the Nrega job card is given below -
• you must have a photograph
• you will have to fill your Name, Age, and Gender in the application form of the job card.
• you should know the Name of your Village
• you should know the Name of your Gram Panchayat
• you should know the Name of your Block
• you can attach the cast certificates for few other certificates if you are lying under the reserved category.
• You should have your thumb impression or the signatures
Along with this document, you should have any of the following documents as a proof document -
Ration card, Voter ID Card, Aadhaar, PAN
Then you will have to submit all the necessary documents along with the application form to the nearest office of the Narega and as the document will be submitted you will be able to get the job card within 15 days.
You will be able to know more about the process of applying for the job card through the official link of the Negra given below.
NREGA Job Card Details and Features
Negra job card is one of the most important documents for those who are willing to be a volunteer in the MANREGA scheme. This job card is having a lot of details and features some important of them are described below -
• the NREGA job card is having all the details of the applicant including name, father's name, age, gender, Bank account number, address, etc.
• the NREGA job card also have the photograph of the the volunteer in NREGA scheme.
• the NREGA job card can also be used for collecting the employment record of the cardholder.
• if the volunteer of the NREGA scheme is not able to get employment from then they can apply for the Unemployment allowance pay by using the job card. The details of the unemployment allowance pay can also be collected by using the job card.
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act Payment Process
The process of the payment of the work in the Narega is is a simple process and all the details of the employment are stored by the Narega officers. The payment of the work is done directly by transferring the amount to the job account of the Negra cardholder. The Negra job card is having all the necessary details required for the transfer of money is in their accounts.
If the volunteer in the NREGA scheme is not having a bank account, the Nrega job card offers a feature of creating a bank account by using the job card. The job card can be used for the completion of KYC.
There are a few reasons that are responsible for not doing the payment by cash. But still, there are some schemes run by the state government that provides cash to the workers.
How to Check NREGA Account Balance?
The process of checking the Negra account balance is easy and simple. You will not able to check the Negra account balance by the use of your job card. The job card is having all the necessary details of the working days of volunteers. If you want to check your account balance you will have to go to the nearest bank that is connected to your job card. You will be able to check your account balance easily by providing the required information.
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act App
Negra application is also available on the Play Store and App store for Android and IOS devices. If you are a smartphone user you can easily check the details and the scheme run by NREGA by using the application.
Benefits of National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
Some of the most important benefits of the Negra are -
Employing in rural areas.
Increasing the growth of the country
Better utilization of the labor
Enhancing the power of rural areas
Utilizing natural resources